This mock potato soup was so good, I just had to share it!
Mock Potato Soup Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup butter (I will experiment with olive oil this week also)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp Namaste Italian Herb Coating Mix
Mock Potato Soup Cooking Instructions
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown rice flour and stir to mix well. It will be thick. Let the mix cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth (or vegetable broth) and stir vigorously with a whisk. Stir almost constantly to keep the flour from settling and cooking to the bottom of the pot. (Oops. Did that once!)
- Cook until the soup starts to thicken (usually about 5-7 minutes)
- Add in the Namaste Italian Herb Coating Mix and whisk vigorously to mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- A little So Delicious Coconut milk adds a bit of a milky taste and makes it creamier. I added 1/2 cup in place of broth.
- Add a little pepper or salt if you like. Although I didn't add salt because of blood pressure issues. I also used low-sodium broth.
- Add cooked chicken chunks. Just stir them in just before cooking.
I'll get the camera functional and get pictures for you tomorrow (along with my purple hair!)