Everyone is welcome here! Whether you have allergies, sensitivities, hypersensitivities, or intolerances, this blog is for you. While the primary focus is for allergies, I have all of the above and welcome anyone to my blog.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Introductions to Allergies

This week I want to try something a little different. I am going to start posting each week about specific allergens. Corn, Wheat, Peanuts, Rice... all of them that I can think of. Including non-food allergens like trees, molds, animals and more.

Each week will have a basic information post, one about substituting or avoiding the allergen, a recipe (if it's food, I'll think of something for non-foods) and hopefully each one will have a story of/from someone with that allergy.

I'll skip special holiday weeks for holiday posts, but I have a list going of what I want to cover from the posts I have received on the Facebook page.

Also, I will get a picture of me and my purple hair on here (Yes, I really have purple hair!)

And to help keep me on track, I have a blog buddy to help keep me motivated. Donna will be helping behind the scenes as my personal cheerleader. I am stoked about that. 


This weeks allergen will be CORN. I am going to go finish the post ideas now as I am very excited about this idea. And THANK YOU DONNA for the wonderful idea.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're helping more people than you know. I don't know about others but I feel as if you are indeed inviting us to do our own research and not just taking your word for it no offense intended :) :) :) I did not know some of the things listed here contained corn. this definitely would explain why I am reacting the way I am to some things I've been around and/or have eaten. This was really a source of frustration for me. Now I know I want things to stay away from. Thank you too Purple Haired Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem! I am glad I can help. I had to do a LOT of research when I found out my list of allergies. Oh boy was it a doozy! I am glad to help though. So many people ask me for help with allergies because they are frustrated and really, that is what prompted me starting the blog. Now I am planning long term goals for the blog as well as short term goals too. I am really excited to help out. I am going to try to get as much information on here as I can.

      Delete