Then a wonderful thing happened. I follow Farty Girl on Facebook and a couple weeks ago she posted about chickpea wraps. Stay with me on this one… I was desperate for something wrap like, sandwich like or something like that like. So I tried it.
My first attempt wasn't that great. It wasn't bad though. My second attempt, I cooked with the pan a little hotter, added a little salt and got creative. I t was FABULOUSLY divine! I had to take a picture it looked so good!
To make the wrap
- 1/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour (x2)
- 1/4 cup water (x2)
- a pinch of Salt (x2)
- Whatever other seasonings sound tasty to you. (I stop at salt)
If I try to mix and cook them at the same time, I end up with one super flat bread and one fluffy puffy bread.
You cooks that are more talented than me can mix 1/2 cup of flour and water and make the two at the same time. (GO YOU!)
To stuff it with deliciousness
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 to 1 TBSP Annies Roasted Red Pepper Dressing LINK HERE
- A little bit of grated cheese (of your liking). I think it was about 1/8 cup worth of cheese. Maybe less.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP Annie’s Roasted Red Pepper Dressing (yes, this is on here twice. No. That wasn’t a mistake.)
Top the wrap with a little bit of lettuce and cheese.
Cook the chicken breasts in 1 TBSP Annie’s Roasted Red Pepper Dressing until tender and falling apart. Or, like I did today, just cut up the chicken into cubes if it won’t cooperate and fall apart.
Add the chicken to the wrap.
Fold your wrap in half and enjoy!
Here’s my first attempt (with a bite taken out of one). I added olives to these.